It caught me by surprise. The fact that my first post to you would be on the eve of the New Year. How fitting, though, since this is where I think about my resolutions…
Here are some lovely ones that should not be too hard. Let me know if you take the challenge.
Nine lovely things for the new year…
1. A new years resolution kept: do you have one from last year that you worked on?
2. A romantic idea for your Valentine: find a little something that fits their love language. Dh loves to be encouraged and have things done for him. (Like planning a little get-away.)
3. A room swept clean: it always improves my attitude if I can find a place to organize. Architectural Digest helps me every now and then with the impetus to work on a room. Of course, the munchkins love to be in clean swept rooms, so it rarely lasts.
4. A letter mailed: is there someone you know who doesn’t need a little care package from you?
5. A project started: this one makes me feel alive!
6. A meal made: Christmas has filled my refrigerator with lovely leftovers. I’m going to share some with a neighbor tomorrow. Is there someone who would love a home cooked meal from you?
7. A place visited: I love to travel. I think I actually need to travel. I moved every two years while growing up, and I’m afraid it’s in my blood.
8. A child kissed: whether it’s a niece, nephew, grandchild, or one of your own munchkins, one kiss is never enough!
9. A new skill learned: I’m going to be taking photography lessons! I’ve never studied that before, so I’m excited! (I figure that if I take or teach one class a year, it will keep me thinking…)
Read and post comments | Send to a friend